You know the funny thing is, after moving to Stockholm, I never do those unhurried window shopping sprees that I used to love back in my tourist days. I'm pretty sure I visited Drottninggatan more often back in my tourist days than now when living fifteen minutes off from it. Being pretty much tied up at the university during weekdays, there's really not that much time nor energy left to wander around. Then again on the weekends I'm usually busy cuddling up with Erik. We're both running on somewhat tight schedules during weekdays, which often leaves the weekends as our only chance to spend some quality time together.
So, my fashion consumerism has basically narrowed down to the level of impersonal-ish online shopping. Which, for me, is a synonym to struggle! More or less every time the ordering process is following the pattern of "order - return - order again in a different size - nah perhaps it was the color that felt wrong... return time!". Got to admit that the forth and back, back and forth rowing has lately been getting on my nerves. I bet even the most silent of all silent buddhist monks would be screaming in no time trying to online-shop a pair of well sitting jeans!
Mom decided to pay me a visit over the weekend, and without a second thought I threw a no-show at two lectures overlapping her trip. Turned out to be a good choice! Together we've gotten more things done in 24hrs than I myself have over the past month.
OVER THE PAST 24 HOURS, WE HAVE...
- Walked 16,4km or 19 664 steps
- Seen the new Mamma Mia movie and sang along a little
- Bought a marvelous green lamp foot with a matching shade
- Been babysitting Max the Chihuahua, showering him with love and belly rubs
- Gone full on crazy with groceries, ending up with enough to get through a hurricane.
- Done a little clothes shopping! A wool cardigan from Dagmar (in the pictures) received a new owner.
- Tasted Kombucha for the first time: definitely nice and alright, though I wouldn't prefer it over quality tea.